CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 22... Stare Master

Sometimes, the bus brings out my weird side. Today's new thing was inspired by the blue-eyed baby across the seat from me on an average trip to class. I was minding my own business, when I was suddenly startled as my gaze locked on the eyes of this infant, who had it in his diabolical mind to make me as uncomfortable as possible. Who knew that babies could have such blatant stares? So I did the only thing that seemed logical at the time. I stared back. I had a staring contest with a baby.

I don't know what his mom could have been thinking. I'd like to think that she couldn't see me in her peripherals, staring at her child. But I'm sure she could. All I care about is the fact that I won! The baby blinked and turned his head (I'm sure it was in shame). It took everything I had to resist the urge to yell, "I won! You think you're so tough cause you're an innocent baby?!? Well I WON!!!"
I wish that I had higher self esteem than to admit that it seriously boosted my confidence to beat a baby in a staring contest.

2 comments:

Pete Pithai Smithsuth said...

the trick is to do a tiny twitch on the lower left corner of your eye..



gets them everytime.

Lindsey Buck said...

HAHAHA!!!
Oh Cortni you make me laugh. Congrats on your victory.